2018-19 AAU TEAM Tryouts
The Grosse Pointe Lakers-(GP Lakers), a registered AAU club, will offer AAU tryouts and full team sign-ups for boys & girls, 2nd--6th grades from Grosse Pointe and surrounding communities. Each team has the chance to compete in 40-50 games, have as many as 35 practices and compete against teams from all over Michigan and Canada. The Lakers will host tryouts in late October and play a traditional AAU basketball season November to March.
Returning Player: Players that have played for the Lakers in the past are required to attend the tryout process to be reevaluated for the 2017-18 season. There is no cost for tryouts for returning players.
New Player Tryout/Evaluation process: Two scheduled tryout dates and times are below; locate your child's grade, tryout time and day. Please arrive at least 20-25 minutes early, to check-in and get prepared for the tryout process. Players will be evaluated in fundamental drills, scrimmages and team concepts. Tryouts will be held at Grosse Pointe South High School in the main gym. Entrance for the main gym is off of Grosse Pointe Blvd. and North of Fisher Rd.
Boys & Girls Tryouts:
Sunday, October 28, 2018 & Sunday, November 4, 2018
Boys grades 1st-6th 4:00pm-5:15pm
Girls grades 3rd-6th 5:30pm to 6:30pm
How to Register for Tryouts/Cost:
- On site, at your specific tryout time
- Cost of the tryout process will be $25 per player and will cover all of the tryout dates offered
- Players are required to attend at least one of the scheduled tryout dates.
Bring your Team to the Lakers Club: If you have a your own team and would like to play under the Lakers Basketball club umbrella, we can accommodate your group. Here is how it works and what the club can provide.
- Your team can play the entire season November-March or you can pick and choose what months your team would like to play
- Practice at South, Pierce, Brownell or Parcells twice a week
- Play in the same leagues & tournaments as the other teams in the club
- Each individual team would be responsible for collection of dues for leagues, tournaments and practices
Needed from your Team: Each player would need an AAU membership-( $14), a copy of your child's birth certificate, purchase a Lakers uniform-( $100) and pay a club fee of $100. If interested in bringing in your team, please contact Steve Benard at 313-580-0351 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Steve Benard at 313-580-0351 or Kevin Richards at 313-244-1523 with questions about the tryout process